Saturday, March 21, 2009

READIN' ON THE ROAD'


So after my sooper fun visit to PS 261, the question seems to be:

"Mr. Warburton, can you come to my town to help us party it down?"

And the answer is: YES.

The second part of that answer is: Only if your town is kinda near NYC.

Ya see, for a new author-type person, even a dashingly handsome rookie sensation like myself, publishers don't usually go handing out book tours. But that's not to say that I'm not gonna make my rounds. I've already got a bunch of readings lined up at some schools and stores, but they're all within spitting distance of my home here in NYC.

But let's say your town/school/bookstore/book fair/space camp/etc IS kinda near NYC. Or ya don't mind paying travel expenses if you're not near NYC. How does one go about tricking Mr. Warburton into showing up and reading from his already kaleventy bathousand selling runaway smash hit (I hope) picture book 1000 TIMES NO, which you've already pre-ordered ten (10) copies of from HERE?

Well, apparently HarperCollins has done this kinda thing before because they've got a department set up for it. Just check out their FAQ that explains how one might go about getting an author like me to come visit. It's over HERE. And if that doesn't answer all your questions, feel free to drop them a line at authorvisits@harpercollins.com. (Just don't expect an answer TOO quick on that... they only check it every couple weeks!)

But, you know... SERIOUS inquiries only. These are some busy folks and you shouldn't be bothering them unless you REALLY are interested. If you're not near NYC and your school/PTA/hedge fund can't afford hotel and travel fees... then it's not gonna happen.

And, of course, for you close friends and family members (and you know who you are... I think), feel free to call or e-mail me directly to set something up. You know I'm dying to come visit you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

XD aw man, I live right in New Jersey! If only My school wasn't for 6-7th graders..... If only.... Hahahaa... Dude, you're my idol.

-jazzy

Elliot Cowan said...

I'd love you to come visit school and read to my kids!
That'd be great.
Although, by "school", I really mean "apartment" and by "kids" I mean "do the laundry and mop the floors and maybe do a bit of dusting".

I can pay for travel expenses and will buy you lunch if you do a good job.

Anonymous said...

Grr! I've been waiting for this blog, and well. I didn't expect you to only travel to places NEAR NYC. Haha. If that wasn't there I would've been like, 'How would 'ya like to come to Nihon, Mr.W~!'

Crappp. I wish I lived in America...

-エミリー