Monday, June 1, 2009

A TUSSLE WITH TRUSSELL

A couple years back when I was loitering around the Ottawa Animation Festival I happened to see this film by some dude named Joel Trussell:



I know, RIGHT?

AWESOME song...

BRILLIANT design...

GREAT use of limited animation...

AND GIANT ROBOTS?

SOLD!

I've been a fan ever since.

So a couple months ago I saw that Mr. Trussell was on that thar Faceamambook thingie and we struck up a conversation-- which turned into a bit of a fracas. See, he won't accept that he's awesomer than I am. I keep telling him he is but he keeps denying it. But deep down he KNOWS he is. And he LIKES it, too!

Case in point... I sent his son a KND drawing. So what does the guy do?
He has to ONE UP ME! He just HAS to send me an AMAZING ORIGINAL PAINTING FROM HIS RECENT GALLERY SHOW! ALL JUST TO REMIND ME THAT HE'S MORE AWESOME!

Here... LOOK:


Right?

How am I supposed to top that?

Oh, and perhaps you'd like a little icing on that 'in your face' cake Mr. Trussell is serving?

It's even framed.

sigh...

Guess I'll just have to hang it on my wall and bask in its awesomeness while I dig around Joel's awesome website
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*face goes red* SCOTT PILGRIM! WOAH!


~jazzy