Monday, November 30, 2009

USING YOUR IMAGINISM


You've heard of Imaginism, right?

Well, if not, here's a little blurb from their website that explains them pretty well:

Imaginism Studios is made up of independent artists specializing in publishing, television, and movie pre-production. We produce some of the most fun and upbeat designs, concepts, and illustrations around! Plus we’re really friendly and will work long hours to meet your needs, so please feel free to contact us and let us know how we can help you!

Well, two of my favorite Imaginismeers (sp?) were at CTN-X and I just had to stop by their table and introduce myself since I had never met them in person:


That's Kei Acedera and Bobby Chiu in the pic (but that's not CTN-X. I borrowed that image from themovieblog.com. So just squint your eyes and pretend it's from CTN-X)

They were selling their gorgeous art books that covered every topic you're into:

Guy Sketches
Girl Sketches
Cat and Dog Sketches
Dragon Sketches
Water Worlds
Ancient Japan Sketches
Chickens Dressed Like Bea Arthur in Medieval Finery and Football Helmets

They were also selling reeeeeeeeeeally nice prints of their work, each one more drooltastic than the next. I got this one:


I love pictures that tell a story without the need for pesky words. Is that big-blue-serpenty-caterpillar thingie about to have that kid as a snack? Or grant him three wishes? Or dress him up like Bea Arthur in medieval finery and a football helmet and THEN eat him and grant him three wishes?

The world may never know. But i KNOW that I couldn't walk away from Mr. Chiu and Miss Acedera with just a print. I had to ask them to draw me something:




Yeah... I know.
Off the charts with the awesomosity, right?

Extra big-blue-serpenty-caterpillar-sized thanks to these guys for the drawings and make sure to check out their work in Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, they are VERY intense, are they not? I found them on Deviantart ages ago and have been watching *stalking* them ever since. So jealous of you!