Monday, November 29, 2010

EPIC RARE!



As I mentioned over HERE, soopuh star artist Rebecca Guay was soopuh star kind enough to send me a pile of signed Magic: The Gathering cards.

Why?

Well, back when I was visiting Mr. Willems at Knuffle Manor he decided to throw a party in anticipation of me going away
(which you can read about over HERE if you missed it).
As he rattled off the guest list, he mentioned Rebecca Guay. And the conversation went kinda like this:


Me: Hey, I know who she is!
Mo: Really? How do you know Rebecca?
Me: She illustrates Magic: The Gathering Cards. There was a huge stink when Wizards of the Coast stopped using her. Tons of fans rose up and demanded they bring her back-- and they did!
Mo: How do you know all that?
Me: Um... some nerd told me. And then I beat him up for being a nerd.
Mo: Who was it?
Me: Uuuuuuuuuh... me.
Mo: Nerd.


Yeah... it's no secret I like the trading card games. So I was excited to talk to Rebecca at the party. And I was bummed I didn't steal this sketch she did on Mo's table:


But I think I made out even BETTER. Along with the cards, Rebecca offered to send me a sketch. Because she doesn't just do nerdy card games, ya know.

Wanna see it?

You do?

Okay!

CHECK IT:


Wall?

Meet awesome new artwork that's getting hung on you!

Wanna see some more of Rebecca's work? Go on over HERE and browse to your heart's content!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And then I beat him up for being a nerd." Lol! So true! I am a TOTAL nerd and all my friends know it. I have WAY to much time on my hands, which is probably why I know about the origin of Spongebob, Invader Zim, KND, and Phineas and Ferb.

brianna14 said...

HAHAHA! i just had the same conversation with my sister about me being a nerd! but of course i'm not a nerd...at least i don't think i am...