Monday, July 18, 2011

SAN DIEGO COMICON 2011!


Ah yes...

It's time for the annual running of the nerds.
And you know I'll be smack in the middle of the action as usual!

For those of you who've never had a chance to go
it's not just about comics.
In fact, it's BARELY about comics anymore.
(Hence the the rise of the exciting new TRICKSTER festival that's happening at the same time this year!)

The con is REALLY about entertainment these days.

TV shows
Movies
Gaming
Toys
Books
Nostalgia
You name it.


Me?
I love it all.
But my FAVORITE activity is sneaking up on unsuspecting show creators, artists, and authors that I admire and asking, pleading, and threatening them to draw in my sketchbook!
Can't wait to see who I meet this year!

And I'll DEFINITELY be stopping by the Fish Hooks panel Sunday morning:

SUNDAY, 10:00am, JULY 24: “Fish Hooks” – Creator/executive producer Noah Z. Jones, executive producer Maxwell Atoms, director Bill Reiss and cast including “Dancing with the Stars” finalist Chelsea Kane (“Bea”), Atticus Shaffer (“Albert Glass”) and Justin Roiland (“Oscar”). Fans will also get a sneak peek of Disney Channel’s upcoming animated series “Gravity Falls.”

Autograph sessions with the cast and crew from “Phineas and Ferb” will occur throughout the weekend, and signings for “Kick Buttowski-Suburban Daredevil” and “Fish Hooks” will take place at the “Phineas and Ferb-Disney Channel/DisneyXD” booth preceding each of the respective panels.


I HAVE to go.
Who else is gonna heckle Maxwell Atoms?


8 comments:

Drury said...

Nah, too many people.

I work alone.

And spend all my free time alone too.

But you go if you must.

It's your destiny. It's your duty. Your people need you.

Max too.

Lily said...

Oh my god I soooo wanna go!
But then of course, I live in Europe and San Diego is pretty far away.
And, as @Drury said, there's just TOO many people.
But sure as hell Imma get there someday.

brianna14 said...

I WANT TO GOOO! i have been wanting to go for three years but the tickets were sold out. please mr. warburton...TAKE ME WITH YOOOOU! anyway, i hope you have fun! hopefully i can go next year.

Bouncer15111 said...

Hey Warburton i sent you the photos like elevendey billion kamillion years ago so check you mail

Madison Durrer said...

Ooooooh, take plenty of pictures for me since I can't go! Hahaha!

I hope you have a good time.

brianna14 said...

was it really your birthday yesterday?? happy late birthday!!!

Madison Durrer said...

(brianna14 said...
was it really your birthday yesterday?? happy late birthday!!!)

If that's so...Happy Birthday. :)

Michael Klaus said...

KND HQ recommends to blur your sooper secret bar code and numbuh, Mister Warburton!