Thursday, September 12, 2013

IT'S 1992 ALL OVER AGAIN!


After some NYC animation friends
posted a couple old school
Jumbo Pictures
pics on Facebook
I felt the need to dig out a couple
of my own.

Back in 1992
there weren't no 
or
or

We just had these:






I didn't draw in it much.
It served as more of a diary
of my early animation career.

Most of it's boring
production stuffs:




Occasionally a xeroxed cartoon
would find it's way in.
This one was of 
JJSP
Production Queen
Irene Cerdas:


Bryon Moore 
(one of my earliest mentors)
and I
spent way too much time
drawing
attempting to murder us:


Here's an entry regarding the
short we did for
Saturday Night Live.

After we were done animating on
an INSANE deadline
we were told we needed to change
Clucky's eyes so that they were 
GOOGLY
instead of looking at camera.
Which would have been fine
except for the fact that it
was already painted on cel
AND
we had to still have the project done
so it could air on Saturday:


And yeah...
we got it done
in time!

Too bad it got bumped from that week's 
show at the last minute.
Grrrrrrrrrr...

The next two were from
a Burger King commercial that
designed called
"Wallet"
and some
Fido Dido
stuffs:




Sometimes there was nothing
but laundry
and 
passport photos:


Nice hair, dude.

But here's the real reason I
was digging through the book:

THE PHOTOS
TAPED IN THE BACK!

This group shot of the
ASIFA-EAST EXECUTIVE BOARD
really brought me back.

'

Here I am hanging out
 in the luxurious Jumbo Pictures bathroom
during a party with NYC animation royalty, from left to right,
Dave Concepcion, Simon Deitch, Bryon Moore,
Drinky McBeerstein and Miguel Martinez-Joffre


Master decorator
Jonathan Royce 
found the best use for 
some ugly curtains:


Not sure who that is with me
defacing the walls:




The mighty Buzzco Associates
triumverate
Marilyn Kraemer, Vincent Cafarelli and Candy Kugel:


Working
with
Sue Rose
at the lofty
West Village
office 
of
Fido Dido:


Me on my 24th birthday at
J.J. Sedelmaier Productions:


This was taken shortly after JJSP
added studio space on another floor:


Me and the honorable
Ben Price working on
Cluckin' Chicken:


I'm so glad I
kept these
journals,
if only to prove
that I've only 
become
MORE
handsome
as the years go by.

I hope you're keeping your own.

Seriously.



No comments: