Thursday, November 7, 2013

HOW MANY MORE SKETCHBOOKS MUST DIE?


I killed another sketchbook.

In cold, hard graphite.

I'd ask you to stop me
before I kill again.
But we know that's
unpossible.

This one went fast.
From
August 17th
to
October 30th, 2013.

It started out with this
decal mash-up:


The title page got a bit smushy.
I prolly should start spraying fixative
on the pages I paint on.
Or this happens:


This happened after I saw 


And then this happened after a snack:



The Kings lost to the Flames
in the last two minutes
of this game.
Boooooo!






I guess this is
younger brother:







When I cut something into a sketchbook
(like the above business card)
I like to find something to do with the piece 
that's on the opposite side of the page.
Like this:



This guys started showing up occasionally.
I have no idea who he is:






When I was sick I drew germs:





There's that guy again:





And then it was time to 
squeeze the last bit
of life out
of this
sketchbook.


And while this one is still warm  
I'm onto the next victim.

Help me.

2 comments:

Numbuh 424 said...

I always loved seeing other people's sketchbooks and drawings, its just really cool, especially yours Mr. W!

I'm nearly done with mine and I've only had it for a week! Probably because I have way too much time on my hands.

Anonymous said...

You are beyond help if you start drawing angry burning pumpkin headed bunnies.

Seriously Codename: Kids Next Door was the best thing to come to Cartoon Network. The acting, the animation, the funny (GIVE TO ME THE FUNNY!), the action (THAT TOO!), the writing, the atmosphere...Everything. When you look at Regular Show and Adventure Time there is a change in the humour of the story, pretty much a change for the worst. The character development, wit and irony of the KND is gold. I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but it's more fun than being a cheerful young man.

Thank you Mr. Warburton, you've made a lot of my days.