Monday, November 25, 2013

TANGENTS!


I like

There's a 
TON
of 
inspiring
art stuff
to
ENDLESSLY
scroll
through.

I especially like
the educational stuff.
For instance,

Chris Schweizer's
Guide to Spotting Tangents


The long line is when a line from one object runs directly 
into the line of another.  This is the tangent that everybody knows.  
The one that’s easiest to spot, easiest to avoid.  
For a lot of folks, this is the only thing meant 
when one refers to a “tangent.” 

I'm not familiar with 
but I like him already.

Anyone that can track down and kill a
yucky tangent is alright in my book.

He's mainly talking about 
tangents in comics,
but these rules apply to
animation
storyboards
and layout, too.

A good part of my day is spent watching animation
 that comes back from overseas studios
and finding ways to fix problems like these:




This is just a teeny taste
of what 
Mr. Schweizer
is out to learn ya.

To see the whole post
and really go on a 
TANGENT SAFARI
head on over





No comments: