Thursday, January 16, 2014

KND STORYBOARDING 201 (part deux)


Hey, I'd
NEVER
lie to you.

So
as promised,
here is
PART TWO
of
Guy Moore's
KND STORYBOARDING 201
guide:








in hindsight... 
i'd prefer numbuh two and five 
looking in the same direction of the zip pan or cut.
not sure how i missed that.






I've said it before and I'll say it again;

GUY MOORE ROCKS!
I loved him for putting this together
and I loved stumbling across it in the
KND archives
all these years later.
If you missed part one,
GET OVER HERE!

And if you like this kind of stuff
(and who doesn't?)
go check out
STORYBOARD SECRETS.
Sherm Cohen
is one of the
most talented
and
knowledgable
storyboard gurus
around
and he can learn ya lots!

6 comments:

DCFDTL Sooper Fan said...

Haha, those we're great too! (Poor Nigel at that last picture though! D: )I know I love seeing all this archived stuff too sir! I hope you find even more cool knd stuff from back in the day to share with us in the future! ^^

Sherm said...

"Panning with action weakens it." Finally -- someone understands! So much PRACTICAL info here...what a great service you're doing in keeping these great tutorials alive :)

Brianna Paige said...

Thanks for all of the tips! I'm about to board something soon and these were all really helpful.

Elana Pritchard said...

Very helpful tutorials

Anonymous said...

The page you mentioned, where you said you missed catching/correcting the direction Numbuh 2 and Numbuh 5 were looking in relation to Numbuh 4 caught my attention.

I wondered when I read your comment, if you had actually NOT missed something there. I'll tell you what that sequence looks like to me, and maybe you'll see why I'm not sure you missed anything there at all (with or without the zip cut):

To my COMPLETELY untrained, by anything other that spectating, eye, that sequence reads as though Hoagie and Abby have already left Wally behind in the location shown in his frame. (Which might be why the direction is reversed from the norm.) The two of them then suddenly realize that there is something they forgot (Wally), and he is blissfully unaware of the fact that it might NOT be such a good idea to do what he's about to do. Anyway, that's how I see it...

What do you think? Plausible? Possible? OR Plausible Impossible? (tee hee)

Anne Brew said...

Hello, thank you for the awesomely practical and "eatable" advice.