Friday, February 21, 2014

VALKYRIES



DUDE!
Remember when we were hangin' out after that big 
Dungeons and Dragons campaign 
talkin' about
how cool Valkyries are?!

...

...

No?

C'mon
You know...
the jets/spaceship/fighters
from
(also called Veritechs)


NOW
you remember,
right?!

If not,
here's a great primer
for you to study:


It's a book
compiling the paintings 
of Japanese artist


He's an amazing mechanical illustrator
specializing in
giant robots
and
sooper cool spaceships!

The book is filled with art he's done for
plastic model kits,
DVD's
and
videogames:
















 I'm usually not a fan of 
sooper realistic
mechanical illustration
but it's really cool
how Hidetaka-san makes
Macross seem so 
REAL!

I always have 
fun browsing through this book--
I just wish my Japanese were better!

You can get it here if you're interested,
but it's kind of stoopid
expensive:



BONUS:

While digging up pics for this post 
I found this 
sketch
Hidetaka-sama
did for 
someone:


GAH!

I WANT ONE!





No comments: