Monday, June 30, 2014

MY WACKY RACES PITCH

You've seen it, right?

This brilliant
homage to 
Wacky Racesby
Peugeot:
I loved
Wacky Races 
when I was a kid.
The characters.
The humor.
And of course,
THE CARS:

A bunch of years ago,
before I moved to LA,
I pitched a reboot 
of the show.

I thought that since
Warner Bros.
Cartoon Network
Hanna Barbera
and
DC Comics
were all within the 
same company,
why not 
mash 'em their 
characters together?

Here's the 
pitch pamphlet 
I put together:




And you know what?
The guy I pitched 
it to at 
Warner Brothers
said he
LOVED IT!
But he also said
it would never happen.
To get that many companies
to agree on anything would be impossible.
Licensing fees for the characters
(even though they're all owned by the same entity)
would be ridiculous.
Revenue split that many ways would 
come out to nothing.
So...
nothing ever
happened.
But I hear there
might be talk of a
Wacky Races
reboot
sometime 
in the future.

No comments: