Tuesday, September 16, 2014

THE 2014 NAUTICA MALIBU TRIATHALON

I did something really 
DUMB.


I swam 1/2 a mile.

Then right after that biked for 
18 miles.

And then immediately afterwards
ran 4 miles.

WHY ON EARTH
would I do
THAT
when I could instead be 
sitting on the beach,
in a comfy chair
reading a book
and eating ice cream?

I'd like to say I was tricked into doing the
2014 NAUTICA MALIBU TRIATHALON
 but I did it of my own free will.

Disney has a HUGE
tri-team and are ALWAYS 
looking for people to rope into it.
Since I was already swimming twice a week
and running the rest of the week,
I was thinking of
possibly
I dunno
maybe
giving it a try.
(but not)

Then my neighbor 
Darren
asked if I wanted to 
give it a shot.

And I said 
um
well
okay
i guess?

The next thing I know I
spent 5 months 
getting ready.

It was a great
challenge.

A goal.

LIKE GOALS.

I set a lot for myself:

Working on a new show pitch.

Learning to read music.

Not picking my nose and eating it.

There's always 
SOMETHING
I'm trying to do.

And last Sunday
I completed a
triathalon:


It was hard,
but not awful.

I was grossly unprepared for the swim.
I only got to practice swimming in the ocean a few times
and when it came to the real thing I wasn't
able to get a good rhythm going.

The bike ride was fine.
The hills stink,
but every uphill has a downhill on the other side.
My chain came off twice,
but it only took half a minute to get it back on.

The run wasn't bad either.
But after doing the other stuff beforehand,
I was ready for it to be over.

And when it was
I rejoiced:


I think my favorite part of the event 
was the people.

There were
men, women, boys and girls
of every
age, shape, size, and ethnicity.

So many body types, colors and reasons for being there.
Everyone was beautiful.
And everyone was there for the same thing;
Challenging themselves
and helping raise money
for 

My next goal is to
go to the
and
NOT
train for a 
triathalon
starting...

NOW!










No comments: